See and Learn Saying More Words is designed to help children with Down syndrome to develop clear speech. It may also be helpful for other children with similar speech difficulties.
See and Learn Saying More Words supports simple activities that encourage the imitation and repetition of one- and two-syllable words. It includes seven sets of words, each starting with a particular speech sound (c/k, ch, f, g, r, t and v). The target words represent a range of vowel-consonant combinations and are selected from vocabulary suitable for younger children.
See and Learn Saying More Words is designed to help parents, teachers and therapists support regular speech practice. Research evidence suggests that practice and repetition are necessary to develop clearer speech. The app is part of See and Learn Speech - an evidence-based teaching program being developed by Down Syndrome Education International and Down Syndrome Education USA – widely recognized leaders in research and effective interventions for children with Down syndrome.
The See and Learn Saying More Words app features three activities:
• Learning to Say Words – using picture prompt cards and speechreading cues to encourage first attempts at saying words
• Practicing Saying Words – using sets of picture prompt cards in games to encourage more complete word production
• Rehearsing Saying Words – multiple repetitions of specific words to improve the clarity and consistency of word production
The app presents ‘prompt cards’ with color pictures together with the written words to provide a clear and memorable visual cue. The on-screen ‘prompt cards’ match those also available in the printed See and Learn Saying More Words kit.
The See and Learn Saying More Words app also includes a detailed guide and printable forms for record keeping.
Words sets and pre-recorded voice prompts are provided for the following languages:
• US English
• UK English
Children can start the activities in See and Learn Saying More Words when they:
• can produce at least some of the consonants c/k, ch, f, g, r, t and v - for example, g, and t
• can produce simple combinations of these consonants and a vowel - for example, tea and key
We recommend that young children practice these activities as soon as they meet these criteria. However, the activities are also suitable for older children who need additional practice to improve their speech clarity.
See and Learn Saying More Words is one of series of steps in the See and Learn Speech program. For further information and advice, please refer to our web site.
Saying More Words APP玩不用錢
Saying More Words玩免錢App