jeyMap is a mapping app using the OpenStreet maps, and very handy for geocaching. There is a FREE test version with all functionality available and no advertising.
The app can be used for geocaching, or for any mapping action that needs the use of waypoints, like biking, hiking or in the car.
Waypoints can be created, tracks can be recorded (via GPS).
The app also contains an auto-zoom function, which is handy while driving a car or bike.
The OpenStreet maps are automatically stored on memory so off-line navigation is possible.
- free OpenStreet maps
- off-line use, once the maps (tiles) are downloaded
- adding waypoints, recording tracks
- turning coordinates as text into waypoints
- automatic zooming based upon speed
- SMS alarm function (to a predefined sms number)
- notepad (e.g. for a Geocache description)
- backup and restore of Waypoints and tracks via email
- export a track to KML or GPX via email
- free new versions
Versie 2.1.55 (2013.04.14)
- Buttons for Waypoints and Notepad to open the pages directly.
- Using a Waypoint, a bearing and a distance, you can create a new Waypoint immediately.
Versie 2.1.52 (2012.06.24)
- Opens AddWaypoint screen directly, when creating a waypoint from Notepad.
Versie 2.1.51 (2012.01.06)
- Export to GPX (via email)
- Prevent 'spikes' when recording a track and gps position shifts because of bad signal.
- Level indication changed (now: level=12/19)