Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms is a convenient, in-depth guide to choosing words precisely!
• 4,800 entries with clear explanations show the distinctions between synonyms
• Example phrases demonstrate the ways words are used
• Includes antonyms, contrasted words, and part-of-speech labels
• Animated browsing.
• Use system copy-and-paste function to copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• English morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form and view word forms.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Landscape-mode support.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your Windows Phone device without any additional expense.
• Add frequently used entries to Favorites.
• Pin the most important entries to the start screen of your device for even quicker reference.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.